I've had my fill of perfect meals, marriages, babies, pictures, Pinterest projects, dream homes, gossip, and letting the world know all your personal business. Or, the personal business that you're willing to write about. I've been through so much the past 1.5 years. Half of which I'd like to write about and the other half I'd like to forget. Half you probably wouldn't believe. But, I'm moving forward, in a new direction, and the past is only going to stay in my rear view mirror. I don't need this platform to tell you that I'm divorced, that I traveled to Europe, living debt free, my awesome chicken pot pie recipe, or brag about my boxer (haha). If you know me, you know me. The rest is unnecessary. I'm happily closing this chapter and growing myself...privately. I am happy in my decision and happy for myself. Finally.
*Arianna (my Rice) is starting Kindergarten at my school this fall. Just crazy to think she's 5 now!
*I almost got a puppy yesterday. But, felt okay not getting her because she had a rescue waiting for her if I didn't take her. I got nervous. I wondered if I would be able to love Zane enough with a new puppy? I love my life with him...and he's my priority. So, I passed on her. (although I had her named, I'll save that in case I do rescue a little one down the road)
* No matter how old I am, regardless if I have a husband or am single I will always call my dad first when it comes to my vehicles. Dad knows best!
* I am just loving avocados (yes, even plain) and making guacamole!
* I went out with my old friend, KB last week. Twelve years and counting of perplexed conversation. I still do not understand that man and vice versa. Oddly enough, he told me I was the "simplest and most complex girl he's ever known" to this day. I think that's a compliment? He is exactly the same as when we were 18.
* To be cool and trendy in the dating world apparently you have to eat sushi. I tried it. Cold fish is nothing to write home about. Next!
* I hate the thought of mowing my grass. every.single.week. But, when I'm done I feel so good when I step back and check out my freshly cut weeds. Odd.
* I like the selection of guys for Emily on Bachelorette. I think they chose very southern all American types, her style, and it looks to be a good season.
* I fell in love with a kelly green dress and bought it instantly. I just need a reason to dress up with heels and wear it! ( I may or may not have looked at it hanging in the closet) Green is so me!
* I am currently working on my bathroom cabinetry and painting it all white. We'll see how it goes! Valspar paint and primer is wonderful...so far!
I'm a first grade teacher learning to find joy in the journey with my amiable boxer, Zane. Married in 06 and divorced in 11, this blog follows my life and the unscripted moments that make me, me! I'm passionate about my family & friends, worldly travels, flea market finds, other cultures, children, photography, the color green, and willingly succumb to Mexican food any day of the week.