4.07.2011

Living Debt Free


Are you familiar with Dave Ramsey and the total money make over?  I was put on the "Dave" method when I was 13.  Yep, that's how long I've been doing it and I have NEVER had debt! (besides our  house but your house is a form of investment) I bought my first car, got scholarships and helped pay for college, joined a sorority, bought a new SUV, vacations around the world, the list goes on.  The thought of debt has always baffled me because hello, you just think everyone lives like you do. Now that I am an adult, I see otherwise.  Everyone has CC's and everyone has multiply forms of debt. I am VERY blessed that my husband had zero debt when we began dating and he is our number cruncher! Five years later he started and runs a successful company from scratch and our family is still debt free.  So, how can you do it?  Dave can help! For more information visit www.daveramsey.com  


Here are the 7 baby steps to help you but you'll need to read more thoroughly on his above website:

1. EMERGENCY FUND- $1,000  tucked away
2.Pay off all debt, smallest amount first.  Use the snowball method
3. 3-6 months of  living expenses in savings
4. Invest 15% of household income into an Roth IRA
5. Start your child's college fund NOW!
6.Pay off your home
7. Share the wealth and give to others.

( I am definitely not perfect in these areas and can use improvement myself. This is a goal I am working on)


** Last week my hubby invited me to attend the ENTREleadership (Dave Ramsey for small business) and we learned SO much.  It's been on my mind a lot lately so I thought I would share.  If you need to borrow one of our books, let me know! I realize it's totally boring listening to me but his classes are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just droppin' in? Yay, I {HEART} comments!