7.11.2009

18 Days

I made it to day 18 earlier this week! 18 days without: sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, cokes, milk, bread, carbs (minimal). These are some of my favorite things and I've had none! I am on an organic diet consisting of meat, veggies and fruit for 28 days. So far it is totally working. I haven't had a migraine (except girls night when I cheated) I have had ZERO, yes folks, ZERO stomachaches, pains or anything of the sort. After months of odd stomach aches and unknown pains, going to both a doctor and acupuncturist and realizing the treatment plan was almost $4,000 I had to do my own research. I am definitely allergic to milk and possibly gluten so by taking them out of my diet, its apparently the reason for the stomach pains.
I've found success through Jordan Rubin's book PERFECT WEIGHT AMERICA (PWA). It breaks down the dirty dozen, the foods you shouldn't eat and everything else is fair game. It was an easy read and as time progresses, it's getting much easier to do. I've lost 6 1/2 pounds in 18 days which is a healthy 2 pounds a week but the best part is I am pain free! Yep, no stomach pains. Imagine waking up every day with a stomach ache for no reason and then following this plan and not having any pains. Yes, it's hard not to have the food I want (only for first 28 days) but it's a small price to pay for your health. After the first 4 weeks, you begin to add back and so on. AND the best part is you get a cheat meal once a week, typically on the weekend so that is something to look forward to. If you want more details, I will be happy to share!

1 comment:

Just droppin' in? Yay, I {HEART} comments!