6.13.2011

YUM, yes please!!


Kentucky Hot Brown Tart
So...I found this recipe in my May issue of Southern Living and since it looked delish in the picture--I made it!  I gave it a 10 and Steven gave it an 8 only because he wasn't home for hours and had to heat it in the microwave which made the tomatoes a tad bit soft. But, he did say if he ate it fresh out of the oven he'd give it a 10. 

1 14 oz. package of refrigerated pie crust
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
2 cups (8oz.) shredded white cheddar cheese ( I use mild cheddar)
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
6 bacon slices ( I DID NOT USE BACON PERIOD)
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt ( I DID NOT USE ANY SALT)
3 plum tomatoes cut into slices
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425.  unroll pie crust and fit into deep dish tart pan.  Bake 12 minutes. 
Reduce heat to 350 layer turkey and next 3 ingredients in tart shell.
whisk together half and half and next 3 ingredients, pour over turkey.
bake 350 for 30 minutes
**dry tomatoes with paper towel and then arrange on top of your pie tart...sprinkle with cheese and bake 8 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just droppin' in? Yay, I {HEART} comments!