8.22.2011

Meet the Teacher

It's teacher week, so I'm following my sister and linking up.  

Tell us a little something about you...
To get to know me, check my profile on the right! However, I'm here to tell you I am a teacher and I do not, repeat, do not like apples, bears,or  A+ signs.  GASP! I like to live on the wild side and prefer a colorful classroom, wearing clothes of my CHOICE rather than teacher sweaters, you won't see me in Keds, or hanging around school late at night. That's how I roll.

How long have you been teaching?

I've been teaching since 2004--yikes!! I've taught Kindergarten and First grade, First being my favorite.I kept my Monster theme again this year!

You might not know...

I wanted to be a teacher because I loved making my little brother work addition problems. (ha, and math is my least favorite) I also enjoyed writing on the chalk board, using stamps, grading papers and being the boss!! In reality, I just love reaching kids on their level and making a difference.

What are you looking most forward to this school year?
That's me in the blue dress!
Definitely hanging those fun "I can" statements. Do you have to use these in your classroom?  In all honesty, I've got a super close team so I'm looking forward to enjoying their company at work for business and outside of work for pleasure.

What do you need to improve?
I need to incorporate the Daily 5...and work on my filing skills, or lack there of!

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?
Smelly Markers!!  
...and I also can not live without my cubby mate and morning coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just droppin' in? Yay, I {HEART} comments!