7.12.2010

Southern Hospitality

I spent the last 4 days in Atlanta with my girlfriends. We had a fabulous time talking, laughing and shopping. It wasn't long before the camera came out. This is Katie, showing her excitement as we crossed the Nickajack. Look closely, it is her toe!!!! She couldn't control herself! The car ride was so funny I can't put it in words. So, I won't! Breaking out the snacks

We hit a lot of stores in 3 days. Every now and then I would turn around and see my two sleeping beauties dozing between destinations.


We didn't just shop and eat. (yes we did) We got to see Loma's old stomping ground and hometown, high school, places she hung out as a teenager and where she worked. While downtown we saw the infamous Varsity...and lots of fun license plates that I didn't have time to take a picture of. ....like this plate downtown


We all loaded up at IKEA! My loot: 96 inch panel curtains for my living room...a whopping 19.99$ for two!!! Also had self control and got some picture frames I needed and stackable kitchen stuff. I have a wish list for later though!


Lunch at Atlantic Station- Doc Green's...we had salads all around!

Background story on the picture below. We ordered buffalo chicken salad. It was more like atomic fireball chicken salad. So hot, BKJ ended up eating ice cubes.



We played with hair accessories in H&M and glasses in Urban Outfitters.


We ate A LOT! This is one of my favorite little places in Atlanta-Provino's. Every time I go to Atlanta I make sure this is one stop I never miss. The eggplant parmesan is fabulous! Also, I ate bread. Big squeal... totally worth any stomach ache it might have caused. Picture oven baked dough ball covered in garlic and garlic butter. Little slice of heaven!



Loma's back yard pre dinner


at Provino's!

This was another fabulous trip! I think you 3 ladies are just wonderful! I don't want to get all sappy but I loved all the conversations. In fact, my left eye is tearing up right now! Shaaaa :o)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you all had a fabulous time!

    Just found your blog and I love it :) Stop by One Fine Wire when you get a chance, I'd love to have you over :)
    www.finewire.blogspot.com

    Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just droppin' in? Yay, I {HEART} comments!